On April 8, 2021, UFCW Local 832 members from Faroex voted in support of a newly inked three-year collective agreement.
“Kudos goes to the bargaining committee for securing this deal,” says Phil Kraychuk, Union Negotiator. “This deal brings significant improvements for members, particularly around sick time.”
Some takeaways from the new collective agreement include:
- 4.5% wage increase over three years including retro pay
- Sick time adjustments including increased days, language updates on use and the ability to use overtime as sick time
- Increased RRSP contributions
- Increased premiums, including a boost to the long service premium and added vacation and sick pay calculations
- Increase on allowance for boots and outdoor clothing
- Language cleanup on cross-department training
Faroex is a manufacturer of moulded plastic and composite parts and assemblies where our members create the interiors for buses.