Union activists need to have a Learner account in order to register for shop steward or health and safety committee training.
Setting up your Learner account
Here’s the steps to take to set up your Learner account in our MemberLink platform so that you can register for activist classes at our Training Centre.
- Go to the registration page of our MemberLink platform.
- Enter your Member ID, First Name and Last Name on the Registration page EXACTLY as shown on your Member ID card. If you don’t have an ID card, contact your union rep for this information.
- Enter your email address and a password and click on the register button.
- Wait a minute or two. Then check your inbox for an email confirming that you’ve set up an account and click the link in it to confirm your email address.
- Voila! You are now setup with a Learner account!
Registering for a class
Once you’ve set up your Learner account, you can login to look for upcoming classes and register. When classes come up that you’re eligible to take, we’ll also be sending you an email to remind you to login.
- Go to the MemberLink home page.
- Enter your Username. Hint: this is the email address you used to set up your Learner account.
- Enter your Password. If you have forgotten it, click Forgot your password? to reset it.
- Once logged in, click on List of Training. If there are classes that you’re eligible to register for, they will show on this page.
- Click on the title of the class you would like to register for and answer any questions you are asked. If the role window appears, click the dropdown and select Participant.
- Review all of the information you’ve provided and then click Register.
- Voila! You’ve registered for a class.
Registering does not mean you are confirmed to attend.
After registration closes and we’ve had some time to finalize details, we will send you an email if you are confirmed and your employer has approved your time away. If you don’t get the confirmation email, you aren’t allowed to attend the class.