Shop Stewards are a member’s first contact when facing a work-related concern. They can answer questions about the collective agreement, members’ negotiated benefits or their rights in the workplace.
Shop Stewards receive lost wages when they attend training.
All activists will be giving a Training Centre Passport that is kept in the Training Centre and can provide them with incentives to continue their training.
- Shop Stewards must attend their first two courses in order:
1. New Steward
2. Grievance Handling
- After that, Stewards can take additional courses in any order.
- Each course taken after September 2020 is equal to one credit, and members receive a stamp (credit) for each course they attend.
- WebCampus courses offered through UFCW Canada count equally in the Passport Program.
- Every five new credits is recognized as a new level and members receive a diploma, letter from our President and a $10 gift card.
5 credits = level 1
10 credits = level 2
15 credits = level 3
20 credits = level 4 (final level)