Read more about the $44,500+ scholarships to help pay for post-secondary education available to members and their family.
Education Fund Scholarships
One of the many benefits of being a UFCW 832 member is your access to scholarships that can help you and your family pay for an education!
UFCW 832 awards more than $44,500 in scholarships each year to members and their families.
Scholarships are available to UFCW 832 members who are:
- In good standing and work for an Education Fund employer.
- Have never received scholarship funding previously (one scholarship per member in a lifetime regardless of the number of dependents or children they may have).
UFCW 832’s Director of Education & Training selects the successful applicants. Their decision is final and binding and is not subject to appeal.
$2,000 Workplace Scholarship (4 available – one per employer)
- For members from Loblaw (Superstore, Extra Foods, No Frills), Maple Leaf, Red River Co-op or Sobeys Capital Incorporated (Safeway, FreshCo) or their dependents.
$1,000 General Scholarship (18 available)
- For any members from an Education Fund employer or their dependents.
$1,000 Indigenous Scholarship (5 available)
- For members from an Education Fund employer or their dependent. If chosen, the member will need to provide proof of treaty, Metis or Inuit status.
$500 Red River College Scholarship
- For members from an Education Fund employer attending Red River College. Not available to dependent children.
Apply for a Scholarship
Applications for Education Fund scholarships are open from February 1 to May 31 annually.
Visit this page during that time period to apply. Scholarships are for students attending classes in the upcoming fall/winter of the same calendar year that you apply.
More Scholarship Opportunities for UFCW 832 Members
All UFCW 832 members are eligible to apply for these scholarships offered by affiliated labour groups. Each has its own eligibility and timelines and you can click through for more information, including contact details.
- $1000 is available to members who are union activists and advancing their education.
- A $500 scholarship from BDLC for union members or their immediate family pursuing union-related work.
- $1000 is available to UFCW members or their children or dependents.
- Up to $8,000 is available to UFCW members or their dependents that demonstrate a community commitment.