Health & Safety Committee Training Series
Our Health and Safety Committee Passport Program
All members will be given a personal passport to be kept in the training centre at all times. Here’s how the passport works…
Health and Safety Committee Members
- Must attend Level 1 in person before attending any other courses.
- Members may have to attend some courses in person in accordance with Manitoba law.
- Members who have taken Level 1 before Sept 1, 2020, will automatically receive those credits.
- After that members can take courses in any order they wish.
- 5 credits = level 1
- 10 credits = level 2
- 15 credits = level 3
- 20 credits = level 4 (final level)
- As this is a new program we will be giving credit to members who have already attended Level 1. You will not receive credits on the passport for courses attended before September 1, 2020.
Shop Stewards and Health and Safety committee members receive lost wages when they attend training.
If you’re interested in becoming a Shop Steward or Health and Safety committee member, speak with your Union Rep.