Health & Safety Committee
Health & Safety Committee members identify and address health and safety concerns in the workplace and advocate for a safe and healthy work environment.
Committee members receive lost wages when they attend training.
The Training Centre provides incentivized, ongoing training to its activists in order to keep them up-to-date on best practices. All Health & Safety Committee Members are given a learning passport that is kept in the Training Centre.
- Health & Safety Committee Members must attend our first course before taking any other classes:
1. Level 1 Health & Safety
- After that, all other courses may be taken in any order.
- Members may have to take some courses in person in accordance with Manitoba law.
- Each course taken after September 2020 is equal to one credit, and members receive a stamp (credit) for each course they attend.
- WebCampus courses offered by UFCW Canada count equally in the Passport Program.
- Every five new credits is recognized as a new level and members receive a diploma, letter from our President and a $10 gift card.
5 credits = level 1
10 credits = level 2
15 credits = level 3
20 credits = level 4 (final level)