Health & Safety Committee
Health & Safety Committee members identify and address health and safety concerns in the workplace and advocate for a safe and healthy work environment.
Stay tuned! Health & Safety Committee Members will soon be able to view a list of the courses they’re eligible to take and/or register themselves for upcoming training.
If you’re interested in becoming a Shop Steward or Health & Safety committee member, speak with your union representative.
Committee members receive lost wages when they attend training.
The Training Centre provides incentivized, ongoing training to its activists in order to keep them up-to-date on best practices. All Health & Safety Committee Members are given a learning passport that is kept in the Training Centre.
- Health & Safety Committee Members must attend our first course before taking any other classes:
1. Level 1 Health & Safety
- After that, all other courses may be taken in any order.
- Members may have to take some courses in person in accordance with Manitoba law.
- Each course taken after September 2020 is equal to one credit, and members receive a stamp (credit) for each course they attend.
- WebCampus courses offered by UFCW Canada count equally in the Passport Program.
- Every five new credits is recognized as a new level and members receive a diploma, letter from our President and a $10 gift card.
5 credits = level 1
10 credits = level 2
15 credits = level 3
20 credits = level 4 (final level)