Congratulations to the UFCW Local 832 members at EPIC St. Malo for ratifying their new two-year collective agreement.
EPIC St. Malo members, who support clients with intellectual disabilities, will receive a 3% wage increase over two years. They also negotiated:
- An extra float day
- An increase to their RRSP contributions
- Improvements to their dental plan
- More money for education and training opportunities
- Increase to the training premium
- A long service premium increase
- A long service severance bonus
These new benefits are retroactive to April 1, 2020.
“EPIC members in St. Malo work incredibly hard,” said Phil Kraychuk, Union Negotiator. “They didn’t give up on the negotiations or on their rights as workers even during these difficult times. They have a stronger workplace now because of it.”
EPIC de St. Malo Inc./SMILE of St. Malo Inc (Residential Services) is a non-profit organization that runs residential homes for people of all ages with intellectual disabilities. Our members work in these residential homes assisting the supported individuals as they live their lives.