Burntwood Legion members ratify new agreement
UFCW Local 832 members at Burntwood Legion in Thompson will be returning to work once COVID restrictions ease with a new three-year collective bargaining agreement which they ratified on Tuesday, June 29, 2021.
“These members have been dealing with COVID restrictions and shutdowns for the duration of the pandemic,” says Union Negotiator Joe Carreiro. “It’s great that they’ll be returning to work with increased wages and supports.”
- Retroactive pay, a $100 lump sum payment and an annual wage increase of 1% in year one, 2% in year two, and 2% in year three
- Increase to the Sunday premium and introduction of an evening premium
- Contract language allowing members the opportunity to work special events which were previously non-bargaining unit work
- Improvement to bereavement leave and the addition of Easter Monday in general holidays
- Language improvement throughout the contract, including the introduction of severance pay language.
The Royal Canadian Legion Burntwood River Brandon No. 244 is located in Thompson. We represent all of the serving staff and bartenders.