UFCW 832 Members Working at Red River Co-op Vote Yes to New Collective Agreement
After a full week of in-store voting, on Sunday, December 6, members working at Red River Co-op voted Yes to their new collective agreement. This is a new five-year agreement, that will expire in August of 2025.
“I am incredibly proud of this bargaining committee,” said Marie Buchan. “They’ve worked so hard to stand up for their fellow member’s needs during this difficult year.”
The new agreement brings a variety of improvements, including:
- Improvements to part-time employee breaks
- Full-time employees have the option to go from 37 to 40 hours/week. New full-time positions going forward will be 40 hours/week.
- Part-time employees with more than 25 years only have to work two evenings/week.
- Full-time employees with more than 25 years only have to work one evening/week.
- Increase to full-time staff
- Vacation options for part-time employees
- $2.00/hour wage increase over the life of this agreement for those at top rate and overscale
- Wage increases of over 7% to the wage scales + increases every 500 hours
- Increase to premiums
The new rate of pay will be retroactive to August 21, 2020, and will be paid out in a lump-sum to members on an upcoming paycheque.
“I want to once again thank the bargaining committee for the fantastic work they have done and for all of you who came out to vote,” said Buchan.
UFCW Local 832 represents over 400 members at Red River Co-op that are covered by this collective agreement.