On July 29, 2021, UFCW Local 832 members from Red River Co-op in Lorette voted in favour of ratifying a new collective agreement.
“This was an excellent negotiating committee to work with,” says Joe Carreiro, Union Negotiator. “We were able to secure changes that will improve work for everyone from new hires to long-term employees.”
From this new agreement, members will see:
- Premium and wage increases
- New orientations and reduced probation periods
- Work schedules posted for two-week periods
- Four hours pay for full-time employees when their schedule changes without 48 hours’ notice
- Reduced years of service required to achieve five and six weeks of vacation entitlements
- Improved footwear allowance
- Language cleanup
Red River Co-operative in Lorette is located approximately thirty minutes outside of Winnipeg. Our members are responsible for all aspects of the grocery business, including ordering, customer service, cashing and stocking shelves.