Manitoba moves to Critical (Red)
On Thursday, all of Manitoba will be moved to the Critical level (red), bringing in a new short and widespread shutdown. For UFCW 832 members this is a sharp reminder of the importance of the work you do.
“You are all heroes,” said Jeff Traeger, President of UFCW Local 832. “While Manitoba is entering a new critical level, most of you are still required to go to work. Manitoba still needs you to do your jobs, so the rest of us can be fed. The next while does bring back the same challenges we had before, and I ask you all to remain vigilant, be kind to each other and watch out for each other.”
Your Union strongly believes all of you deserve pandemic pay, especially during these critical times, and we will be pushing to get it reinstated. Stay tuned.
The new Critical (red) level restrictions will be in effect provincewide for the next four weeks and include:
- Social gatherings are not permitted. Social contacts are reduced to your household only.
- Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted
- Non-essential travel is discouraged.
- Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores and pharmacies, can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
- Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
- All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
- Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
- Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
- All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
As always, we are here for you.
If you need to get in contact with your Union Representative, you can call, text or email them at the link below. Some meetings like negotiations or arbitrations may need to be rescheduled or changed to a different format. If you are involved in any of these types of meetings, your Union Rep or Union Negotiator will reach out to you directly with any changes.
All of our courses at both our Winnipeg and Brandon locations have moved online. If you have any questions about specific courses, reach out to our Training Centre.
Please continue to check the website for updates & check out our COVID-19 member resource page at www.ufcw832.com/members/covid/
Your Union is standing behind you! ALWAYS!
Please stay safe.