On June 1, UFCW 832 members at Gillam Co-op ratified a new four-year agreement with some solid improvements for all members.
“Our negotiating committee did a great job in acquiring gains for their contract,” says Joe Carreiro, union negotiator. “Gillam Co-op is an integral part of the community it supports and we’re glad to see them takeaway some big wins.”
Included in the new agreement is:
- Wage increases of 2% in the first year and 1.5%, 1.75% and 1.75% in subsequent years, as well as retroactive pay back to January 1, 2022.
- Increases to Sunday and evening shopping premiums, as well as a $1/hour long service premium.
- Added language allowing staff to use three or more days of sick time for mental health days.
- Increased bereavement days and added the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation as a general holiday.
- Language cleanup throughout
Gillam Co-op Ltd. includes a grocery store, convenience store, gas bar and liquor store in the town of Gillam. We represent sales and service clerks, grocery clerks, and meat, deli and produce clerks.