On June 22, UFCW 832 union members at Perimeter Aviation voted in favour of ratifying a new, three-year collective bargaining agreement.
“This negotiating committee worked really hard to provide their fellow members with a well-rounded improvements to their contract,” says Joe Carreiro, union negotiator.
Highlights from the CBA:
- Wage adjustment in year one from 2% – 3.5%, and 2% in years two and three
- Lump sum payments and retroactive pay back to December 1, 2022
- Two added general holidays: Terry Fox Day and the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Increases to lead head and training premiums; shoe and uniform allowances; and off-site meal allowances
- Guaranteed parking spots
- New health and welfare plan that increases benefits and reduces employee contributions
- New pension/RRSP plan that allows for higher contributions with a higher company match
Perimeter Aviation provides freight shipping, charters and passenger flights to over 20 communities in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario.