Holiday Inn members ratify new agreement with immediate wage increases
On May 16, UFCW Local 832 union members at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown Winnipeg ratified a new contract set to expire in December 2026 with an estimated immediate wage increase of close to a dollar or more for most members.
“As we all know, COVID hit the tourism and hospitality hard,” says Joe Carreiro, union negotiator. “It’s great to see things picking up for our members at the Holiday Inn and to see significant and immediate wage increases coming their way.”
Details of the new collective bargaining agreement include:
- An added fifth week of vacation, recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation as a holiday and the ability to take bereavement days non-consecutively
- Discounted parking and increases to uniform and shoe allowance
- Retroactive pay back to January 1, 2022 and signing bonuses for full and part-time members
- Position-specific wage increases plus 3.25% as of January 1, 2022; 1% in January 2023 and 2024, 2% in January 2025 and 2.5% in January 2026.
- Language cleanup throughout the contract.