The UFCW 832 members at Aspire turned down the first offer from their employer, but after a strong strike mandate, the membership was given a new final offer with a better wage package and the members ratified their new five-year agreement with their employer.
The new deal brings in the highest wage increases that Aspire has ever given, here is a summary of what the new deal brings:
- Wages will increase by over 18%
- Existing premiums were enhanced
- A new line operator/mixer premium was created
- Increased footwear allowance
- Many other language improvements were introduced, including language to put more emphasis on better scheduling to provide a better work, life balance.
“The bargaining committee did an outstanding job during this round of bargaining,” said Phil Kraychuk, Union Negotiator. “With the extra challenges of inflation right now, the strong strike mandate got us the best deal we’ve ever had from this employer. This is why it is so important to get back to the table once the membership votes yes to strike!”
Aspire Bakeries, formerly known as Aryzta North America mass produces baked goods for sale to their customers. UFCW 832 members work in the bakery as production, sanitation, shipping and maintenance workers.