- This event has passed.
Winnipeg Labour Council: Celebrating Solidarity Safely
August 1, 2021 - September 6, 2021
This year, we will build on the strength of our past and provide exciting ways to learn about this rich labour history in Winnipeg. We will find ways to come together in our own circles in person, but as a movement, we will come together virtually through this event!
The Winnipeg Labour Council has been building and supporting the community for 127 years, and to recognize this incredible history, we are asking our affiliated union members, along with their family and friends, to join us in taking part in the 2021 Labour Day Celebrating Solidarity Safely event.
Participation in the event will run until Labour Day, September 6th.
Participation in the #WLCLabourDay2021- Celebrating Solidarity Safely Event:
- Visit winnipeglabour.ca/actionca to download/share & print the Celebrating Solidarity Safely BINGO cards with members
- On your own time, visit the locations/participate in the actions outlined on your BINGO card. Once a square is completed, stamp your BINGO card, and take a selfie at the location/completing the action and post to social media with the hashtag: #WLCLabourDay2021.
- Fill the BINGO card for a chance to win exciting labour movement promotional prizes! 1 line complete gives you 1 entry, 2 lines complete gives you 3 entries, and a fully completed card enters you into the grand prize draw!
- Once you’re ready to enter, take a picture your card and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact information.
- Deadline for entry is September 10, 2021.
You can be as creative as possible and encourage your family, friends, and co-workers to join in the city-wide Celebrating Solidarity Safely event!