Looking to learn? Members who work for Education Fund Employers are eligible for scholarships & bursaries to pursue their education.
The Education Fund
The Education Fund is also sometimes referred to as the ETTF = Education & Training Trust Fund.
The UFCW 832 Training Centre is funded entirely by employers, not members, and their contributions are included in contract negotiations. The Education Fund covers all aspects of UFCW 832’s Training Centre, including its two locations and all courses with the exception of adult high school in Winnipeg.
Our Training Centre has perks for members and their employers who contribute to the Education Fund.
Employers who contribute to the Education Fund
- A.E. McKenzie Co.
- Agropur Cooperative
- Aramark – CFB 17th Wing
- Aramark Refreshments
- Aspire Bakeries (formerly Aryzta Ltd.)
- Association for Community Living (Virden Branch)
- Brandon Community Options
- Brewers’ Distributor Ltd.
- Bunge Canada
- Canada Bread Company Ltd.
- Coca-Cola Canada Refreshments – Brandon
- Coca-Cola Canada Bottling – Winnipeg
- Compass Group Canada Ltd.
- EPIC de St. Malo Inc./SMILE of St. Malo Inc. (Day Program, Residential Services)
- ESIT Canada Enterprise Services Co. (formerly HP)
- Exceldor Cooperative (formerly Granny’s Poultry & Hatchery)
- Extra Foods (owned by Loblaw)
- Fort La Bosse School Division (Admin assistants, Bus drivers, Custodial, Education Assistants, maintenance)
- Freezerco Inc. (Hylife Foods)
- Freshco (owned by Sobeys)
- Garda Canada Security Corporation
- Gate Gourmet Canada Inc.
- HyLife Foods
- Impact Security Group Inc.
- Integrated Messaging Inc.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 2034
- Krown Produce
- Life’s Journey
- Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Inc. – Winnipeg
- Maple Leaf Meats – Paquin Road – Winnipeg
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc. – Brandon
- McCain Foods Canada
- No Frills (owned by Loblaw)
- Northern Meats
- NPF CFB Shilo
- Red River Cooperative Ltd.
- RW Consumer Products Ltd.
- Safeway (owned by Sobeys West)
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Regent
- Sobeys Extra – Pembina
- Souris Valley Foods
- SRG Security Resource Group Inc.
- Superstore (owned by Loblaw)
- Sysco Winnipeg – Warehouse, Inventory
- The Fairmont Winnipeg
- Unicity Taxi Ltd.
- VersaCold Dawson
- VersaCold Distribution Services Ltd.
- Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada
- Western Glove Works Ltd.
- Winnipeg School Division #1
Education Fund Advantages for Members
There are several advantages to working for an employer who supports the Education and Training Trust Fund.
Members (and their families) get:
- Better pricing on courses such as CPR and First Aid training, English as an additional language and security guard training as required by the provincial licensing body.
- Eligibility for exclusive scholarships! We award more than $44,500 annually.
- Access to a once-in-lifetime bursary, up to $450, towards education related to their employment.
Education Fund Advantages for Employers
Employers who contribute to the Education & Training Trust Fund can:
- Participate in our annual Job Fair and connect with our members, our adult high school students and their families.
- Take Union 101 for Employers – this 1-hour course explains the role of the union, the shop steward and how we work with employers to the benefit of both employers and members
- Access CPR training for their staff (including management) once per year.
- Rent spaces in our Winnipeg and Brandon Training Centres, including our computer classroom, for free.
- Receive customized training to address issues in their workplace.