As a union member you are eligible to apply for educational funding.
One of the many benefits of being a UFCW 832 member is the wide-variety of education opportunities available to you! All have different deadlines and eligibility, so make sure to read through the qualifications before applying.
- Members whose employers pay into the Education Training and Trust Fund (ETTF) are eligible for UFCW 832 scholarships for post-secondary education or a one-time bursary to update work-related skills.
- All UFCW 832 members are also eligible to apply for scholarships offered through affiliated labour organizations.
UFCW 832 ETTF Scholarships
UFCW 832 awards more than $44,500 in scholarships each year to members whose workplaces contribute to the Education Training and Trust Fund (ETTF).
Applications for ETTF scholarships are open from February 1 to May 31 annually for students attending classes in the upcoming fall/winter of that same calendar year.
UFCW 832 ETTF Bursaries
One-time bursaries up to $450 are granted to members whose employers contribute to the ETTF and who wish to update skills related to their work.
ETTF bursaries are available year-round. You can contact the Training Centre if you have any questions about eligibility.
Once you’ve completed and passed the course or training, please email the UFCW 832 Training Centre and provide the following information to be reimbursed according to eligibility:
- Receipt(s) from a recognized learning institution
- Proof you’ve completed and passed the course
- Your name, home address and workplace.
Additional scholarships for members
All UFCW 832 members are eligible to apply for these scholarships offered by affiliated labour groups. Each has its own eligibility and timelines and you can click through for more information, including contact details.
You can obtain more information on the UFCW 832 ETTF scholarships or bursaries by contacting our UFCW Training Centre in Winnipeg at (204) 775-8329 or toll-free 1-877-775-8329.