The goal of the Security Empowerment Project is to improve the wages, training and working conditions of security guards in Manitoba.
How are we going to do this?
- Identify and prioritize training and learning interests of guards
- Build new ways to connect, organize and advocate
- Organize for action on wages and working conditions
- Engage security guards with other community groups on public safety, justice, homelessness, poverty, mental health and addictions
- Create a platform where security guards can discuss challenges and successes with each other
Joining UFCW means job security, fairness and knowing that your union has your back. A union allows workers to negotiate as equals with their employer. Unionized workers earn higher wages, have safer workplaces and better policies that protect them from abuse.
Sign a union card to start the process in unionizing your workplace.
Join the UFCW 832 Security Facebook Group to have a place to discuss security issues with other security guards.
Developing a better understanding between the front line of security and the communities and properties you protect.
Contact – Sandy Forcier Union Rep