The goal of the Security Empowerment Project is to improve the wages, training and working conditions of security guards in Manitoba.
How are we going to do this?
- Identify and prioritize training and learning interests of guards
- Build new ways to connect, organize and advocate
- Organize for action on wages and working conditions
- Engage security guards with other community groups on public safety, justice, homelessness, poverty, mental health and addictions
- Create a platform where security guards can discuss challenges and successes with each other
Your union wants to hear about your experiences and expertise, so we can improve the wages, working conditions and training for all security guards. The results from this survey will help to guide us on how we fight for these improvements.
All results of this survey will be confidential and will not be made public.
We ask for your name and contact information so that the union can follow up with you as required.
Join the UFCW 832 Security Facebook Group to have a place to discuss security issues with other security guards.
Developing a better understanding between the front line of security and the communities and properties you protect.
Contact – Sandy Forcier Union Rep